You are viewing a clip of this video, click to Join. Members, click to Log in.
10 Traits of Faulty Dialogue 2: Traits 5 & 6
Jan 01, 2011
Traits of Faulty Dialogue (Continued) - Traits #5 and #6
Trait #5: THE USE OF DRY, ARID LANGUAGE
In Writing Dialogue:
* Always prefer the familiar to the exotic.
* Prefer the concrete to the abstract.
* Always prefer direct phrases to circumlocutions.
* Prefer shorts words to long.
* Prefer Saxon words to Latinate words
Trait #6: OVERSTATEMENT
* Brawny Words, Puny Motivations, Puny Conflicts.