Entering & Exiting the Story 2: Placement of Prologues
Feb 13, 2010
Prologue - Lesson 2
Where to place the Prologue in your story:
- Prior to the inciting incident.
- Immediately after the inciting incident, but prior to the story's progressive complications.
- After the story's crisis and climax.
- The placement in time is outside, or irrelevant, to the story told.
- Ingmar Bergman's film WILD STRAWBERRIES
- George Lucas and Steven Spielberg's film RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK
- Tennessee William's play THE GLASS MENAGERIE
- Joseph Conrad's novella THE HEART OF DARKNESS
- Max Frisch's play THE FIREBUGS